Whether you try to eat gluten-free or not, you will love this recipe. It combines the best of both worlds with a healthy burger that doesn’t skimp on taste.
Click here for more information on cloud bread.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, cottage or cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional: sesame or poppy seeds
- 700 g mince beef
- 1 egg
- 90 g feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 50 g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 g butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 C. Separate the eggs. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and cheese until you get a nice smooth dough. In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the baking powder. Using a spatula, gently mix the two together.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick paper. Place portions of the dough in small circles and add poppy or sesame seeds if using.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the bread has turned golden.
- Mix all the ingredients for the hamburgers and form eight oblong patties.
- Fry over medium-high heat in both butter and olive oil for at least 10 minutes or until the patties have turned a nice colour.
Build your burgers to your liking with fillings such as cheese, fried egg, lettuce, tomato, caramelised onions.