15 mins prep | 40 mins cooking | Makes 16 pieces
- 220g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsps grated lemon rind
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 850g tinned plums, drained
- 50g almond flakes
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 22cm round spring-form tin and line with baking paper.
- Place the drained plums in an even layer on paper towels, remove any stones and pat with a few paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- In a food processor mix together the softened butter, caster sugar, egg, vanilla extract and lemon rind. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add in flour and baking powder, pulsing until completely mixed together.
- Press two thirds of the dough into the base of the tin.
- Arrange the plum halves over the base, in an even layer.
- Dot the remaining dough on top of the plums in an even layer and sprinkle the almonds on top. Place in the oven for around 40 minutes, or until the top and and sides are golden brown.
- Sift icing sugar on top and either serve warm with whipped cream or cold with a cup of tea!