A step-by-step guide to job search success
229mm x 152mm | Paperback | 320 pages | RRP $34.99
These days, more and more people are looking to stay in the workforce longer and are seeking satisfying, fulfilling jobs. How to Get a Good Job After 50 is a step-by-step guide to finding and winning the sort of job older employees want to have!
In clear, practical chapters, job search expert Rupert French shows you how to adopt a pro-active, ‘self-employed’ approach that builds self-esteem and promotes a time-efficient, self-managed job search program.
Learn how to:
- concentrate on no more than two or three job leads at any one time
- use proven marketing techniques to win good jobs
- write résumés that grab the employer’s interest in the first few sentences
- find jobs before they are advertised
- build an effective job search network
- use social media to support your job search
- maintain a positive self-image
- effectively prepare for a job interview.
Older workers are vital to the workplace; they have skills, reliability and a sense of responsibility that can only be gained through experience. How to Get a Good Job After 50 explains how to demonstrate these qualities to prospective employers, turning your age into an advantage. Covering all aspects of the job search, this is the essential guide to taking control of your career with expertise and confidence. Follow French’s tried and tested recipe for success to find an inspiring, fulfilling job in record time!
- Proposed changes to pension legislation in many countries around the world mean that people are increasingly expected to work for longer. This book addresses the needs of those people over 50 who, instead of preparing for retirement, now need to remain in the workforce.
- A step-by-step plan written by a leading job search specialist with over 20 years’ experience in developing effective job-search strategies for mature-age job seekers.
- Includes over 50 pages of examples and templates that can then be downloaded from the author’s linked website.
- Strategies are equally effective across all job types and income levels, from executives to salespeople, from tradies to administrative staff.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rupert French is an experienced employment counsellor and job search trainer who has been actively involved in helping job seekers for almost 40 years. In that time he has developed and delivered highly successful job-search training and coaching programs. He has also presented on effective job search methodology at numerous career conferences, both national and international. This revised edition of How to Get a Good Job After 50 is his fourth book on successful job searching.
To order your own copy, head to the Exisle Publishing website.