While living independently is a top priority for most seniors, safety can often emerge as a concern. Health can become unpredictable with age, with an increased risk of falls, slips, strokes, heart attacks and other incidents. Minimising risk and increasing access to care when out and about is the inspiration behind the new St John Mobile Medical Alarm, a wearable device designed for seniors who want to safeguard their health, without giving up their independence. Set to launch in November 2019, the technology promises to take care to the next level.
The major benefits of a St John Mobile Medical Alarm
- Enjoy the freedom to live independently
The latest statistics from the Health Quality & Safety Commission highlight the risks of living independently as a senior, with 1 in 4 people aged 85 years or more lodging an ACC claim due to a fall. Of these, almost 95% of cases resulted in hospital admission for at least one night. With a St John Mobile Medical Alarm on hand, you can live your life to the fullest with the assurance that if something was to happen, help is available at the touch of a button.
- Total peace of mind for loved ones
For loved ones and caregivers, St John mobile medical alarms offer peace of mind that if something happens, whether it’s a minor fall or a life-threatening heart attack, immediate help and medical attention can be summoned.
- Immediate assistance, at home and on the go
The new St John Mobile Medical Alarm is equipped with 3G cellular and GPS technology, meaning it works anywhere – not just at home. This means you can take the mobile medical alarm with you when you’re at the shops, on holiday or visiting a friend. No other medical alarm offers you such flexible, round-the-clock assistance when you’re at home or out and about.
Why choose St John?
- Free emergency ambulance or transport if required
- The confidence of a high-quality device engineered by a trusted brand
- Assistance from the internationally recognised St John ambulance service
- A direct connection to the ambulance service removes the need for client information and improves response time
- Proceeds from St John medical alarms help fund ambulance services and other community services.
- A track record of helping New Zealanders for over 130 years
Flexible, on-demand care and assistance
While St John mobile medical alarm are popular with seniors, you don’t have to be 65 or over to take advantage of the service. Whether you have a pre-existing health condition or would simply like the reassurance of on-demand assistance if something goes wrong, a portable medical alarm will offer both you and your family invaluable reassurance.
How a St John Mobile Medical Alarm Can Improve Your Experience as a Senior
A St John Mobile Medical Alarm empowers you with immediate assistance and medical care from qualified professionals, at the touch of a button.
- The bulk-free device is designed as a wearable pendant for comfort, convenience and subtlety. This means you can get on with life with the assurance that help is at hand if you need it.
- Emergency assistance at your fingertips means you can remain independent and at home for longer
- The portable nature of the device gives you confidence and independence when you’re at home and out and about.
How the St John Mobile Medical Alarm works
The St John Mobile Medical Alarm is equipped with 3G cellular and GPS technology and connects to either your home telephone line or your mobile network. This empowers you with access to immediate assistance, at your fingertips. If you need help, simply push a button to activate an alert and send your GPS location data to the 24/7 monitoring team at St John. You will be instantly connected to an operator over the speakerphone, who will assess your situation and organise assistance if required.
For more information call 0800 50 23 23 or go to St John Mobile Medical Alarm