The world-wide pandemic has changed the way we travel and throwing caution to the wind is no longer an option when it comes to travel. Hopping across the ditch or popping over to the Pacific Islands isn’t so easy anymore, with concerns over another Coronavirus outbreak, how we can get home in an emergency, or surviving a lockdown in a foreign country.
If you are wanting to travel but are unsure of what your travel insurance policy might cover, rest assured there is a policy out there for you! OverFifty Insurance can now assist you in putting together travel insurance packages that include COVID-19 cover, and ensure cover for pre-existing conditions where possible so you can travel with confidence. Read on to find out what cover you can get before you travel, so you can start booking a winter getaway now!
COVID-19 Medical Expenses Cover
There are many New Zealanders concerned with the financial impact of catching Coronavirus while they’re away from home. To ease your mind and keep kiwis travelling, OverFifty Insurance has travel insurance benefits which provide cover for your COVID-19-related medical costs* and pre-exisiting conditions.
COVID-19 Amendment or Cancellation Costs Cover
It’s always advised you buy a travel insurance policy as soon as you book your trip, and this advice is relevant now more than ever. When purchasing a domestic or international travel insurance policy early on, you can get cover straight away for a number of amendment and cancellation costs.* This gives you extra confidence to book your trip knowing COVID-19 cover is included in your travel insurance policy.
COVID-19 cover is provided if you:
- are diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner with COVID-19 prior to your departure and have to cancel your trip
- are planning to travel within New Zealand or Australia but are directed by a local public health authority into a period of quarantine and you cannot travel
- need to amend or cancel your trip because a relative is diagnosed with COVID-19 and the level of infection is life-threatening
COVID-19 Additional Expenses Cover
The unexpected can sometimes happen when you’re away from home and with a global pandemic this is even more true for travellers who want to continue to travel the world.
Unexpected costs from COVID-19 can add up and you want travel insurance benefits that help protect you from a number of scenarios that may arise.
You could get cover for additional expenses incurred if:
- you are diagnosed with COVID-19 during your trip and are directed by a local public health authority into quarantine or isolation
- you pass away on your trip from COVID-19
- your non-travelling relative is diagnosed with COVID-19 and it is confirmed the level of infection is life-threatening and you need to return home
- the person you planned to stay with is diagnosed with COVID-19 and you can no longer stay
- the person you planned to stay with is directed to enter a period of quarantine and you can no longer stay together
- your pre-paid accommodation closes as a result of a COVID-19 outbreak
Pre-existing Conditions and Your Travel Insurance
Do you know what you’re covered for when purchasing travel insurance from your exisiting provider or online? Too few of us read or understand the fine print on our insurance policies. All too often, when we come to make a claim, we find out we have the wrong kind of cover, insufficient cover, or that we’re not even covered at all. When you pay premiums for insurance, you want the peace of mind that you will be covered if the unthinkable happens. That’s how we help. At OverFifty Insurance we understand choosing the right insurance policy for your unique circumstances can be a challenge, which is why we take a personal approach to ensure your policy covers you for pre-existing conditions where possible. We make insurance a conversation to put your mind as ease, taking the guess work out of your travel insurance policy!
Are you ready to buy travel insurance that provides some cover for COVID-19? Make contact with Brian and the team at OverFifty Insurance here.