Serves 4 | 10min prep | 35min cooking time
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g pork sausages
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 large jar of bolognese sauce
- 250g penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons of dried basil or 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Squeeze sausages from casings into pan. Cook for 5 minutes (or until browned), breaking the sausage up into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add red wine and simmer for 1 minute. Add pasta sauce and 2 cups of cold water. Bring to the boil then add pasta. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat and stir in dried basil (or chopped fresh basil).
- Serve topped with parmesan and extra basil leaves.