We are very pleased to be giving away three copies of Claire McNeel’s book ‘Darkness Runs Deep’, to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member?
About Darkness Runs Deep
Fiercely told and breathlessly compelling, Darkness Runs Deep is a striking new Australian crime novel about the best and worst of who we are.
In the darkest hour, a blood-soaked teenager flees the rural Gerandaroo football oval.
Eight months later, Bess, a young teacher, returns home to Gerandaroo. A childhood game of dare with her former best friend forces Bess to form a women’s footy team to play against Denby, a rival town. Bess reluctantly recruits players, but the team has to contend with hostile locals – including Bess’s own father. Will this help the small community to come back together – or will it be the final thing that blows everything apart?
As tensions in the town boil over, so too do resentments and secrets and violence that have been previously held tight and close.
Claire McNeel is a fifth-generation Melbourne Demons supporter/sufferer, and a former registered nurse and researcher, with a PhD in Neuroscience.
She was a finalist for Best Screenplay at the Byron Bay International Film Festival, and this screenplay formed the basis for her debut novel Darkness Runs Deep.
She currently lives by the beach in Wadawurrung Country with her dog Homer.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 14th February 2024, winners will be notified via email by 20th February 2024.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you correctly enter a New Zealand postal address where the prize can be couriered. GrownUps will not take responsibility for prizes sent to incorrect addresses.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per household.
- Prize is non transferrable.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.