We are very pleased to be giving away two copies of Megan Holden’s book ‘The Dragon Who Lost His Spark’, to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member?
About The Dragon Who Lost His Spark
A picture book for children themed around emotional intelligence with fun characters and rich language to portray a message of confidence.
“Believe in yourself, like I believe in you,
Confidence comes from the inside, it’s true.”
And with those words, Sparky felt himself lift,
His attitude and energy was starting to shift.
Sparky the dragon has lost his way. He sets out on an adventure where he meets some unexpected friends who help him to regain his confidence, optimism and his overall spark.
This is a journey of self-discovery, where Sparky realises that all these wonderful qualities were already inside him; he just needed some life experience and some guidance from his friends to help bring them to the surface.
About the Author
Megan Holden is a full-time, stay-at-home mum to three toddlers, owner and founder of a children’s toy and bookstore, a former primary school teacher and a children’s book author. She attended Canterbury University in 2007 and obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, majoring in Psychology, where she held a particular interest in child behaviour and development. She then went on to study Primary Teaching and completed her Diploma in 2012.
Megan taught a range of ages from 2012 to 2020. In late 2020, she had her first son and left the classroom to become a stay-at-home mum. Megan has always had a passion for children, their learning, education and their development. After a year of being a mother, she decided to turn this passion into a business, where she could help other families provide educational and engaging activities and toys to their children. She started a Montessori-inspired toy and bookstore called The Treasure Trove.
In 2023, Megan’s passion for education, enjoyment of reading, and love for language inspired her to write her first children’s book, The Dragon Who Lost His Spark. This book is themed around emotional intelligence and includes rhyme, fun characters and rich language to portray a message of confidence.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 14th February 2024, winners will be notified via email by 20th February 2024.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you correctly enter a New Zealand postal address where the prize can be couriered. GrownUps will not take responsibility for prizes sent to incorrect addresses.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per household.
- Prize is non transferrable.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.