Perfect to take for lunch at work, or a light dinner at home. You could serve this zucchini slice with some sour cream or tomato relish on the side.
15m prep | 40m cook | Makes approx. 12 slices
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus extra 1/4 cup
- 150g bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 zucchini, coarsely grated, excess liquid removed (squeeze in a clean tea towel)
- 80g grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- Salad leaves to serve (rocket works well)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C or 180C fan forced. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm slice pan.
2. Heat the first quantity of olive oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook, stirring, until the bacon is crisp and onion is soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl then add the flour, baking powder and paprika, mixing until smooth.
4. Add the grated zucchini, cheese, salt & pepper, bacon mixture and second quantity of olive oil. Stir to combine.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until browned and set. Cut into pieces and serve with salad.