- 11/2 cups wheat bran or oat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed (you can substitute this for more bran)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries or you can use diced apples or pear
Preheat your oven to 2ooC and grease a muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, combine the bran, flour, flaxseed, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In another medium bowl, combine the milk, honey, banana, egg, olive oil, and vanilla until smooth.
Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Gently stir in the fruit. Spoon batter into the muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.