This is a great Chinese recipe. You can control the spice by varying the cayenne.
- 125g pork mince
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons black beans, mashed
- 2 teaspoons chilli paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1cm fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 400g firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 150g frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with one tablespoon water
1. In a small bowl, combine the pork mince, sherry and 1 teaspoon cornstarch; set aside.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine black beans, chilli paste, cayenne pepper, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; set aside.
3. Heat a large frypan over medium heat. If pork is lean, add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook pork until evenly browned. Stir in black bean mixture, tofu, and peas. Pour in chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Stir in dissolved cornflour, and cook until thickened.