- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato pasta sauce
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 dried whole red chilli peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard, washed well and dried, tough centre stems removed, coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until soft and golden, about 1 minute.
2. Add diced tomatoes with juice, pasta sauce, red peppers, chilli peppers, cumin, coriander and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat, and remove chilli peppers.
3. Place Swiss chard on the bottom of a 23 x 33cm glass baking dish. Season salmon fillets with remaining salt and pepper and place in on top of chard. Cover with sauce and bake, covered, until fish is just cooked and chard is wilted, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove cover and bake an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.