This is great for those of us who are looking for a satisfying treat that is refined sugar and gluten free. Keep a few of these in the fridge and you’ll always have something for when unexpected friends pop by.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, processed into meal/flour (can use nut meal)
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut (can use pumpkin or extra sunflower if sensitive)
- 1 medium Lemon – zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. The mixture should be easily rolled into balls. Adjust texture with lemon juice honey if needed. Roll in extra coconut if desired then store in the fridge.