Serves 4 | Total Time 30 min
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated potato
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup grated Colby cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease 8 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, beat egg, salt and pepper until blended.
- Place grated potato in a clean tea towel and squeeze out excess liquid. Mix potatoes and parmesan cheese into the egg mixture.
- To form cups, press about 1/4 cup of the potato mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of each prepared muffin cup. Bake until light golden brown, (approx. 15 minutes).
- For filling, beat eggs, smoked paprika (if using) and chives in a bowl until blended; stir in Colby cheese and spinach. Spoon into potato cups and top with chopped bacon.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean, roughly 6-8 minutes.
- Wait for the muffins to cool slightly before removing from the tin. Serve with a little tomato relish and salad on the side for lunch or on their own for morning tea or breakfast on the go!