Knowing the right foods to help you feel and look younger needn’t be a challenge! We’ve made a comprehensive list of the top 12 anti-aging foods to help you to start looking and feeling younger today.
12 Great Anti-Ageing Foods
While food can’t stop us growing older, there are some of the foods which can help slow the ageing process. Here are our top 12:
- Pomegranates, high in vitamin C, can help slow down the wrinkling of your skin.
- Blueberries contain more antioxidants than almost any other food and are great for smoothing fine lines on your skin.
- Kale and spinach both help guard against and repair sun damage. Spinach is known to improve the firmness and the elasticity of skin too.
- Cold water fish like salmon, sardines and mackerel contain Omega 3, which helps to repair skin cell walls and stop your skin from drying out. Eating at least 2 servings of fish a week can also lower discomfort regarding skin inflammation, eczema and psoriasis.
- Green tea can help prevent further skin damage due to its antioxidants. It’s also great for reducing brown spots.
- Watermelon contains vitamin C, lycopene and potassium which all help keep your body regulated with the right balance of important nutrients and water.
- Olive oil is good for your heart. It contains omega-3, which helps with blood circulation.
- Avocado contains both anti-oxidants and monounsaturated fatty acids, which are great for keeping your arteries healthy.
- Bone broth contains a wide variety of essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon and sulphur, which are essential in keeping your bones strong and healthy. Bone Broth also has two compounds called chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine, both of which can help with inflammation and joint pain.
- Nuts such as chestnuts, walnuts and pecans contain anti-ageing agents. Nuts are also said to help prevent extreme chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease and the cognitive decline of the brain. The special fats in these nuts have also been found to reduce heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Dark chocolate can help slow the aging process with its high cocoa ratio.
- Fermented foods such as probiotics are very helpful especially as we age, as they help improve your digestion and skin clarity.
Are you already eating any of these anti-aging foods? It’s never too late to start!