The perfect meal to prepare ahead of time on a cold wintery morning then sit down and enjoy in the evening. Quick and easy to prepare and any leftovers can be stored in the freezer.
15min Prep | 8hrs Cook | 4 Servings
- olive oil or non-stick spray
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 30g tomato soup
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Beef Stock Powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup red wine (or more hot water if you don’t have any wine)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500 g beef mince
- 250 g lasagne sheets
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 extra-large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- pinch of smoked paprika to taste
- Preheat your crock pot on the high setting and spray with non-stick spray (or grease with a little olive oil).
- Combine first ten ingredients in a processor or combine by hand.
- Pour into a bowl and add mince, mixing well.
- Spread one third of the meat mixture evenly over base of the crock pot.
- Place a layer of lasagne sheets over the meat, broken to roughly fit over meat.
- Repeat the above and end with remaining meat mixture.
- Mix together all the topping ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Pour over the lasagne and sprinkle with the smoked paprika.
- Turn slow cooker down to Low and cook for approximately 8 hours.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables (or salad) and a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Any leftovers can be popped into the freezer, portioned out into individual serves.