Great for afternoon tea, or you could add some lashings of fruit and cream and serve it up for dessert!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted if lumpy
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted if lumpy
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Lightly spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, icing sugar, chocolate chips, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, water, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the dry mix over the wet mix and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth the top. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs attached (note: it’s better to pull the brownies out early than to leave them in too long).
Cool completely before slicing. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. These also freeze well!