– Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
– The original basket in basketball, as invented by James Naismith in 1891, was a peach basket.
– Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
– The hair of an adult man or woman can stretch 25 percent of its length without breaking.
– By law, information collected in a U.S. census must remain confidential for 72 years.
– You are more likely to get attacked by a cow than a shark.
– The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
– It would take a car traveling at 100 mph nearly 30 million years to reach our nearest star.
– Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
– China uses 45 billion chopsticks per year, using 25 million trees to make them.
Courtesy of funhuh.com