Quick and easy, using ingredients already in your pantry, this is a great recipe to whip up as a last minute dessert!
Makes 6 | Prep 15min | Cooking 15min
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples cored, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raw sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 sheets puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan-forced).
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add in apples, cinnamon, and sugar. Cover and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or until apples have softened slightly. Set aside to cool.
3. Cut each pastry sheet in half, then each half into three even rectangles. Brush the border of one rectangle with water. Top with a big spoonful of cooked apple. Take another pastry rectangle and cut a few slits across it, being careful not to cut all the way across. Place this piece over the apple, pressing the two pieces of pastry together firmly around all of the edges. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. Place each parcel on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle the tops with extra sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden.