PREP TIME: 5 mins | COOK TIME: 15 mins | 4 SERVINGS
Quick and easy to prepare, packed full of veges, what’s not to love!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 5 cups broccoli florets, approx 2-3 heads
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons lite sour cream
- ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a medium to large pot on medium heat. Add onions, garlic, thyme and celery, cooking until the onions start to soften (until translucent), stirring often.
2. Add chicken stock to the pot and bring to the boil.
3. Then add broccoli, milk, and salt & pepper, simmering covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the sour cream then puree the soup in a blender or use a stick blender.
5. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with your topping of choice (we recommend either more sour cream and/or a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts).