Some sneaky spinach and added fibre (in the form of chia or flax seeds) make this smoothie a great nutritional boost and a welcome addition to the grandkids afternoon tea options!
Prep Time: 5 mins | 2 Servings
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds or ground flax seed
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy!
- If your bananas are turning brown, peel and pop them in a ziplock bag.
- Frozen fruit helps with texture and taste, as you don’t need to add ice.
- Bought too much spinach and find it’s going off? Split it up into individual ziplock bags, squeeze out the air, and freeze.