We are very pleased to be giving away two copies of Nadia Lim’s book ‘Marvin Makes a Friend’ to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member? Join now
About Marvin Makes a Friend
Nadia Lim returns with her second children’s picture book!
“Marvin’s not a chick anymore, it’s MARVELLOUS to see him grow. His feathers are now speckled and sleek, and one day he started to CROW!”
A sequel to celebrity cooks Nadia Lim’s bestselling debut children’s book, Marvellous Marvin. No longer a newly hatched chick, teenage Marvin is trying to find his flock.
He meets many animals on the farm, but will any of them be Marvin’s friend, and who will be Marvin’s family?
Includes family photos, farm and food facts, and an egg-cellent Nadia Lim corn fritter recipe. Children will enjoy following Marvin’s journey, now that he is a handsome, cocky young rooster, who doesn’t always make friends easily. Marvin Makes Friends is beautifully illustrated by one of New Zealand’s top children’s illustrators, Fifi Colston.
Nadia Lim is a celebrity chef, entrepreneur, food writer and television personality. Since winning New Zealand’s MasterChef in 2011 she has published 10 cookbooks in as many years. This is her second children’s book. Nadia lives on a farm with her husband and two sons in Central Otago.
Fifi Colston is a Wellington veteran of The World of Wearable Art Awards and is the author of the children’s ‘how-to’ costume books, Wearable Wonders (winner of the Elsie Locke Award for non-fiction) and its companion volume, Ghoulish Get-ups. She is a junior fiction novelist, children’s book illustrator, magazine poet and a former television presenter of arts and crafts. Fifi has also illustrated a number of Scholastic titles, including the acclaimed The Red Poppy, written by David Hill, and the latest Little Yellow Digger books.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 18th January 2022, winners will be notified via email by Thursday 20th Jan 2021.
- As a competition winner, you must confirm you have received our email notifying you of the win within three days. If we have not heard from you in three days the prize will be redrawn, and your prize will be forfeit.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per person.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.