We are very pleased to be giving away two copies of Maggie Dent’s book ‘Girlhood’ to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member? Join now
How to raise our girls to be happy, healthy and heard.
According to Maggie Dent, Australia’s queen of common-sense parenting, how we parent our girls from birth to 8 will determine their path as teens and young women. Without the right foundations, girls often struggle with anxiety once they hit puberty, becoming addicted to devices and developing an over-reliance on external measures of success rather than internal ones.
In her follow-up to the bestselling From Boys to Men, Maggie offers parents and guardians a common-sense and compassionate guide to raising our girls to become secure, connected and confident in their teen years and beyond. Advocating for free play, reduced scheduling, less screens and much more love, Maggie shows us how to best guide our daughters as they progress through childhood and navigate relationships, technology and real-world challenges.
Based on nearly 5000 survey results from Maggie’s community and packed with advice, insight and up-to-date research, Girlhood is the essential guide to raising our girls from Australia’s go-to parenting expert.
Commonly known as the ‘Queen of Common Sense’, Maggie Dent is one of Australia’s favourite parenting authors and educators. Maggie’s experience includes teaching, counselling, and working in palliative care/funeral services and suicide prevention. An in-demand writer and speaker, Maggie is a regular contributor to Fairfax’s Essential Kids website and she frequently appears on national radio and television. Host of the ABC’s Parental As Anything podcast, she is the author of six books.
Maggie is the proud mother of four wonderful sons, and an enthusiastic and grateful grandmother. She lives in NSW with her good bloke Steve Mountain and their dear little dog, Mr Hugo Walter Dent.
You must be logged in to enter this competition.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 28th June 2022, winners will be notified via email by 30th June 2022.
- As a competition winner, you must confirm you have received our email notifying you of the win within three days. If we have not heard from you in three days the prize will be redrawn, and your prize will be forfeit.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per person.
- Prize is non transferrable.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.