We are very pleased to be giving away three copies of Keith Cox with Grant Jones’s book ‘A Caring Life’ to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member? Join now
About A Caring Life
A Caring Life is the inspirational story of a nursing trailblazer who has learnt first-hand the value of human connection and kindness, in challenging times and in everyday life – and the satisfaction of living a life of service and meaning.
As a nurse for nearly fifty years, Keith Cox provided expert care and comfort to countless people facing the unimaginable.
With insight and sensitivity, A Caring Life takes us behind the scenes of his remarkable nursing career and the moving stories of hope, determination and loss that underpinned it. Along the way, he shares lessons gained from a career spent confronting mortality, from finding joy in difficult circumstances to understanding that true strength comes in thinking of others and being part of a community.
Over the years, Keith has seen dramatic advances in medical treatment, as well as the limits of what medical intervention can achieve – which is why compassion and grace are his guiding principles, both on the ward and in his own life.
Keith Cox is a highly qualified nurse who has dedicated 50 years of his life to patient care, mentoring cancer nurses, writing research papers and addressing medical conferences around the world. In 2006, he was also the third-ever Australian to become a cancer nurse practitioner and in 2007 was awarded an OAM for his services to nursing and community volunteer work. Keith remains involved with various fundraising committees and charitable organisations, and he volunteers in several capacities.
Grant Jones is a former newspaper and radio journalist, editor and TV researcher and producer, with more than three decades’ experience. He now runs his own media consultancy business. Grant lives in Drummoyne with his partner, Joan, and their teenage son, Louis. Grant joins Keith, who lives a few blocks away, at their local gym three times a week. This is his first book.
You must be logged in to enter this competition.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 17th May 2022, winners will be notified via email by 19th May 2022.
- As a competition winner, you must confirm you have received our email notifying you of the win within three days. If we have not heard from you in three days the prize will be redrawn, and your prize will be forfeit.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per person.
- Prize in non transferrable.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.