When travelling internationally you will need a valid (current) passport and visas if required.
- Entry visas will vary depending on your citizenship . Check out New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade for contact details of the relevant embassies.
- To apply for a new passport or check any details, please log on to The Department of Internal Affairs website.
- If you are a NZ resident rather than a NZ citizen, you will most likely need a re-entry permit when returning.
- Ensure you have all necessary documentation before you arrive at the airport, as you will be denied boarding at the start of your journey
- It is a good idea to keep photocopies of your passport, entry Visas, travellers cheque sales advice, airline tickets, driver′s licence etc. separate in your luggage and also copies left at home with family or friends in case of theft.