I’m a big fan of incorporating as many vegetables into a meal as possible, even better if they don’t require any cooking. This salad is fresh, crunchy and will keep you coming back for more.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground sumac, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 8 okra pods, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 200g tomatoes, chopped into large cubes
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted
In a food processor, process the cauliflower until it resembles coarse rice grains. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sumac and cumin, and set aside.
In the large serving bowl, combine the processed cauliflower with the parsley, mint, fennel, red onion, cucumbers, okra, carrot and tomatoes.
Pour the dressing over and mix until well-combined. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, then leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
To serve, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and a little sumac. Serve immediately.