Find out how to make the classic and iconic kiwi dessert, the Pavlova. From beating the eggs to preparing the oven for cooking.
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 45mins
3 egg whites
3 tbsp cold water
3/4 – 1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tsp cornflour
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add cold water and beat again.
- Add castor sugar very gradually while still beating.
- Change to slow beater – add vinegar, vanilla and cornflour.
- Place on greased paper, (flatish, not too heaped), on greased tray, and bake at 150ºC for 45 minutes, then leave to cool in the oven.
- When cold, peel off the paper and transfer to serving plate.
- Spread with whipped cream, flavoured with liqueur if you wish, and fruit, such as kiwifruit, strawberries, peaches, passionfruit etc.
Looking for other Egg recipes? Take a look at these culinary delights:
Crustless Quiche Recipe
Omelets Made Easy
Cooking with Kristy – Omelettes
The best ice cream recipe – so easy
Fantastic Pavlova Recipe
Egg-cellent Breakfast Ideas
Ways With Eggs
Egg Sandwich Mexicana (Vegetarian)
Italian Sausage Frittata