It’s great to have a few healthier snacks up your sleeve to enjoy, and this one is flour-free (great for when there’s a shortage of flour on the shelves)! Experiment with the combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit to create a new variety every week – now there’s a challenge!
Makes approx 20 pieces | Prep 10min | Cook 20min
- 125g butter
- 5 tbsp honey or golden syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower)
- 1/2 cup diced dried fruit (dates, sultanas, cranberries, dried apricots)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut threads
1. Heat the oven to 190C and line a 20 x 20 baking tin with baking paper.
2. Melt together the butter and honey. Simmer, stirring, for 2 minutes.
3. Take off the heat and add the remaining dry ingredients. Mix well and press into the prepared baking tin.
4. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before cutting into squares (it’s easier to cut when a bit warm).
You can store these in an airtight container for 4-5 days.