A quick and easy fruit loaf which freezes well. You could try making it with different types of fruit (and nuts), or even chocolate chips for when the grandchildren come to stay. We dusted ours with icing sugar, or you could do a simple vanilla glaze with orange zest dusted on top.
Prep 15min | Total time 1 hour | Cook 45min
- 225g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 110g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 225g mixed fruit (pre soaked fruit works best)
- zest of one lemon
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Mix flour and salt, rub in butter.
- Stir in sugar, fruit and lemon zest.
- Beat eggs and milk, then add to the flour and sugar mixture, combining to a soft consistency.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf tin. You could sprinkle some sugar on the top to give it a little extra crunch.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.