Weight-loss Success by Weight Watchers Reimagined (WW), Published by Macmillan, RRP $39.99, Photography by WW International, Jeremy Simons & Mark Roper
Dates and ginger are two ingredients that are made for each other. Add in some coconut for a magical mix that creates an amazing aroma as it bakes – and tastes even better.
Serves 15 | Prep 15min / Cook 25min
- 1 cup (150 g) self-raising flour
- 140 g medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup (55 g) shredded or desiccated coconut
- 1⁄3 cup (75 g) caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup (110 g) crystallised ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup (65 g) reduced-fat oil spread
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 16 cm x 26 cm slice tin with oil. Line the base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5 cm above edge of tin.
2. Combine flour, dates, coconut, sugar and ginger in a large bowl. Stir in egg and oil spread until combined. Press mixture evenly into prepared tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in tin. Cut into 15 squares.