Recipe courtesy of Rob’s Kitchen by Sophia Cameron available in bookshops and online, hardback, RRP: $49.99.
A well loved recipe from the southern regions of Spain and a great dish for sharing. This was one of Rob’s best family meals. It combines flavours of salty capers and olives with sweet prunes and dry wine.
– 12 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
– 4 garlic cloves, chopped
– 2 tbsp dried oregano
– 1/4 cup dry white wine
– 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
– 1 cup pitted prunes or dried apricots
– 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
– 1/2 cup capers
– 3 bay leaves
– zest of 1 lemon
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– pinch of salt
– freshly ground pepper
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup dry white wine
– handful fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients and chicken thighs. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 4–6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C fan-bake. Arrange chicken in a single layer dish and spoon over marinade evenly. Sprinkle chicken with brown sugar and splash with white wine to cook.
- Bake for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked and starting to look golden. Sprinkle over fresh parsley to serve.