We are very pleased to be giving away two copies of Louis Theroux’s book ‘Theroux the Keyhole’ to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member? Join now
About Theroux the Keyhole
After a decade of making documentaries about offbeat characters on the fringes of US society, Louis had the urge to return to America and track down the people who most fascinated him. It would be a reunion tour, but this time without the cameras and the sense of performance being filmed inevitably brings. It would allow him to get closer to people, to discover what really motivated them, what they believed in, and what had happened to the assorted dreamers, outlaws and eccentrics since he last saw them.
On a journey that took him to the porn sets of Los Angeles, among the UFO contactees of Arizona, and up to far Northern Idaho for a festive get-together of leading neo-Nazis, he asked what ‘weird people’ have to tell us about our own secret natures. Had he learned anything about himself by being among them? Do we choose our beliefs or do our beliefs choose us?
Louis Theroux’s second book is a hilarious, thought-provoking and at times surreal voyage into the heart of weirdness.
Louis Theroux is an award-winning documentary film maker whose programmes are shown all over the world. After working on Michael Moore’s TV Nation, Louis was given his own show, Weird Weekends, on the BBC. He followed this with the popular series When Louis Met… in which he spent time with, amongst others, Jimmy Savile, Neil and Christine Hamilton and Chris Eubank.
He has also interrogated criminals at San Quentin prison; lived with the extreme believers of the Westboro Baptist Church; gambled with the high-rollers at a Las Vegas mega-casino, and stalked game with trophy hunters on South Africa’s wild animal farms. His feature-length documentary, My Scientology Movie, was released in 2016.
You must be logged in to enter this competition.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 11th January 2022, winners will be notified via email by Thursday 20th Jan 2021.
- As a competition winner, you must confirm you have received our email notifying you of the win within three days. If we have not heard from you in three days the prize will be redrawn, and your prize will be forfeit.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per person.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.