We are very pleased to be giving away two copies of Lisa Jansen’s book ‘Life Done Differently’, to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member?
About Life Done Differently
Fans of Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat Pray Love and Cheryl Strayed’s Wild will love this adventurous, thought-provoking and inspiring memoir.
An ever-growing number of people are looking for alternatives to a traditional lifestyle, one not centred around jobs, mortgages and family. Lisa Jansen was one of them.
Despite being very happy with her life, Lisa doubted whether she was on the right path. Watching her friends get married and have kids, she wasn’t sure whether that was what she wanted too. Her doubts pushed her towards a desire to take action and create change.
In autumn 2017, just after her 33rd birthday, she bravely decides to quit her well paying job to live and travel in a campervan and explore beautiful New Zealand. On her five-year journey, she meets incredible people, explores breathtaking scenery, conquers obstacles, challenges society’s norms, navigates a global pandemic, and discovers what life has to offer when you don’t want to follow the traditional path.
Along the way, she found herself and the answers she was looking for.
In Life Done Differently, Lisa shares this epic journey. Life Done Differently is an honest account of the life of a digital nomad, not just the highlight reel we’re used to seeing on social media. It is a brilliant tale of Lisa’s ups and downs, travel adventures and soul searching. This book is a must-read for anyone looking to break free from the traditional life and keen to choose freedom and travel.
About Lisa Jansen
Lisa Jansen is a writer and digital nomad based in New Zealand. Lisa’s first book, One Size Does Not Fit All: Discover Your Personal Path to a Happier Life, was published by Mortens Media Group in 2019. Her second book, The Nomad’s Ultimate Guide to New Zealand, was published by New Holland Publishers in 2021. In addition, Lisa writes a blog www.lifedonedifferently.com.
Lisa was born in Germany and came to New Zealand in 2007. She has a Master’s in Management and International Business from the University of Auckland. When she is not writing, Lisa works as a virtual marketing consultant.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 6th December 2023, winners will be notified via email by 7th December 2023.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you correctly enter a New Zealand postal address where the prize can be couriered. GrownUps will not take responsibility for prizes sent to incorrect addresses.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per household.
- Prize is non transferrable.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.