We are very pleased to be giving away two copies of Simon Stanley’s book ‘Floating Down the River’ to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member? Join now
About Floating Down the River
Two-time NZ Music Award Winner, Simon Stanley releases a new song and an accompanying picture book for young children!
‘A tui and a duck and a fantail too, tweet tweet, quack quack, twoo twoo twoo!’
Join us on a lush trip down a lazy river and check out the accompanying song and video by New Zealand Music Award winning songwriter Simon Stanley.
The second single from Nashville based, two-time New Zealand music award winner Simon Stanley is a dreamy trip down a lazy river; a family adventure through lush flora and fauna; and a hard day’s splashing around – winding up with two tired kids, puku-full and ready for bed.
Building on the acclaim of his first single ‘Marley Sitting on a Pumpkin Seed’ (winner of the 2019 NZ Music Award for Best Children’s Song), Simon’s vivid storytelling paints a very familiar scene for an intrepid little one.
Born and raised in NZ but now based in Nashville TN, Simon uses his experience as songwriter in Tattletale Saints, alongside his session musician experience with GRAMMY nominated artists to craft a song that is as much of a treat for young as it is for old.
Simon says ‘I love how colourful you can be with kid’s music, it’s like you can use all the paints in your palette and not have to worry about looking silly!’.
‘Floating Down the River’ is accompanied by an illustrated story book and a mesmerizing animated video, detailing the river trip and the sights along the way.
This fun, atypical tune for grownups and kids alike is a celebration of song and of the outdoors – something very much needed after spending so much time shut in!
A note from Simon:
‘The song was conceived after a river trip with my family. I was sitting with my niece Marley and began singing the refrain. I then went back to Nashville, lockdown commenced, and I began working on the lyric. With so little music work during Covid, this was a great project: writing the song, recording my parts at home, sending it out to other musicians to contribute theirs, then assembling them all myself.’
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 11th January 2022, winners will be notified via email by Thursday 20th Jan 2021.
- As a competition winner, you must confirm you have received our email notifying you of the win within three days. If we have not heard from you in three days the prize will be redrawn, and your prize will be forfeit.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per person.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.