We are very pleased to be giving away two copies of Chrissy Metge’s book ‘The Great Crown Mystery’ to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member? Join now
About The Great Crown Mystery
Enjoy the latest children’s book from New Zealand writer, publisher and film animation professional Chrissy Metge!
Forget breaking into the Tower of London to steal the Crown Jewels. There’s an inside job going on at Buck Palace when the Queen’s St Edward’s Crown goes missing, and the pawmarks on the carpet lead to just one culprit – Candy the Corgi.
Yes, Candy the Corgi wishes for more in her doggy life – she wants to be Queen of the highest order. One night when the palace is sleeping, she takes the Monarch’s Crown and hides it throughout a number of the many rooms for safekeeping. Kids can go with her as she roams the royal residence, which has a host of other hidden royal objects – but can you see them, poses the author.
It will be a long night because Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms, including 19 staterooms, 52royal and guest bedrooms, 188 staff bedrooms, 92 offices and 78 bathrooms. The 1844 Room is one of the most important in Buckingham Palace – it’s where Her Majesty and other members of the royal family receive distinguished visitors, from US President Joe Biden, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Arden.
The following day, when the alarm goes off, the search begins to find the Crown. Oh, dear. Candy’s going to be in big trouble! Have you ever wondered what is in some of the rooms at Buckingham Palace? Candy the Corgi has hidden the Crown, can you help find it – and all the other hidden icons throughout the pages?
About the author
Her credits include The Hobbit Trilogy, Ironman 3, Hunger Games 2, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Fast and Furious 7, Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 and Jungle Book, which won an Oscar for Best Visual Effects for Jungle Book, with Chrissy’s team creating the animation.
As a producer, she recently worked on the animated film Ron’s Gone Wrong and is currently the Digital Producer for a show for Netflix which is due out in September 2022, Entergalactic. The cast includes Kid Cudi, Jessica Williams, Timothée Chalamet, Ty Dolla $ign, Laura Harrier, Vanessa Hudgens Christopher Abbott, 070 Shake, Jaden Smith, Keith David, Teyana Taylor, Arturo Castry and Macaulay Culkin. Watch the trailer here: https://youtu.be/T9vnzySyj0I
Her love of children, storytelling and animation has also led her to diversify into creating children’s books. Chrissy has written 10 kids’ books so far, including the Max and His Big Imagination series and the Amy’s Dreaming Adventures books. She wrote The Great Crown Mystery with her 6-year-old son.
She is the publisher at Duckling Publishing and has published the popular Elastic Island Adventures series for children written by Karen McMillan. And she is also the co-founder of the media production company Fuzzy Ducking Media.
You must be logged in to enter this competition.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 9th August 2022, winners will be notified via email by 11th August 2022.
- As a competition winner, you must confirm you have received our email notifying you of the win within three days. If we have not heard from you in three days the prize will be redrawn, and your prize will be forfeit.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per person.
- Prize is non transferrable.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.