We are very pleased to be giving away three copies of Eva and Maria Konecsny’s recipe book ‘Kindred’, to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member?
Kindred will inspire you to come together with your loved ones, discover the food paths of your own kin, and transform your cooking and baking with rhythms that sustain you into the future.
Sisters Maria and Eva Konecsny, founders of the beloved Gewürzhaus spice stores, know that spices have the power to transform our everyday cooking. They also believe that cooking to feed our kin – whether it’s chocolate semolina porridge, tender fennel roast pork or a tray of spiced Christmas cookies – can be a deeply nourishing and connective force in our lives.
In Kindred, Maria and Eva take you into their homes to share the spices, seasonal rituals, traditions and recipes from their German heritage that bring their families around the table. Learn how to use spices in simple ways to elevate your cooking and discover key principles for spicing different types of food. Then, find comfort in more than 80 recipes, such as salted orange marmalade, lavender-crumbed chicken schnitzel and spiked brown cherry cake. Treasured rituals include egg dyeing at Easter, Mothers’ Day mushroom foraging and the Bunter Teller, a plate of colourful cookies to share at Christmas time.
Sisters Maria and Eva Konecsny founded Gewürzhaus in 2010 when they opened their first store in Melbourne, and now have stores across Australia. Gewürzhaus sells more than 350 singleorigin spices and mills over 100 exclusive small-batch blends. For Maria and Eva, cooking from the heart has always been an integral part of connecting four generations of women in their family. This goes back to their greatgrandmothers, Oma Rosa and Oma Liesel, who nurtured them in the kitchen from day dot. These women, in many ways, laid down the foundations of Gewürzhaus, putting care and love into the meals they prepared for their families.
To see a recipe from Kindred, click here
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 13th December 2023, winners will be notified via email by 14th December 2023.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you correctly enter a New Zealand postal address where the prize can be couriered. GrownUps will not take responsibility for prizes sent to incorrect addresses.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per household.
- Prize is non transferrable.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.