We are very pleased to be giving away two copies of Dawn McMillan’s book ‘Colour the Stars’ to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member? Join now
About Colour the Stars
To celebrate the 10-year anniversary of this book, Scholastic have created a bilingual edition, combining Colour the Stars and Taea ngā Whetū texts into one volume.
How do you describe colour to someone who is blind?
Isaac and Luke are friends. Luke is blind and believes that he doesn’t need colours in his life. Isaac can’t imagine a world without colour and decides to teach his friend about them.
Because Luke is blind, Isaac must appeal to his other senses. Through his vivid descriptions and by encouraging Luke to smell, touch, taste and hear, Isaac tries to convey a sense of what colours are like.
This beautifully told story contains themes of friendship, kindness and appreciating others’ differences.
Stunning illustrations by American illustrator Keinyo White burst from the page with vibrant colour.
Colour of the Stars is a Storylines Notable Book.
Dawn McMillan lives in a small coastal village on the western side of the Coromandel Peninsula. She is the author of over 20 picture books and has also written for over 200 school readers. Colour the Stars emerged from a time she spent beside a tumbling bush stream, where it seemed that Isaac and Luke were with her.
Keinyo White is an honours graduate of the prestigious Rhode Island School of Design. Considered an extremely versatile artist, he is best known for his unique and contemporary take on watercolour and portraiture and his commissioned works are sought after by collectors, galleries and public institutions both domestic and international.
You must be logged in to enter this competition.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 28th June 2022, winners will be notified via email by 30th June 2022.
- As a competition winner, you must confirm you have received our email notifying you of the win within three days. If we have not heard from you in three days the prize will be redrawn, and your prize will be forfeit.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per person.
- Prize is non transferrable.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.