We are very pleased to be giving away two copies of Robert Hardman’s book ‘A Queen of Our Times: The Life of Queen Elizabeth II’ to our GrownUps members.
All you need to do to enter the draw is be a GrownUps member, make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter and fill in your details near the bottom of the page!
Not a member? Join now
About A Queen of Our Times
The definitive new biography of Her Majesty The Queen by one of Britain’s leading royal authorities.
With original insights from those who know her best, unseen papers, new interviews with world leaders and a fresh perspective on the longest reign in British history, Robert Hardman
tells the full life story of the most famous woman in the world.
Like her father and grandfather before her, Elizabeth II was not born to be monarch. Yet she has reigned through more change than any sovereign since 1066. From her accession as a young mother of two in 1952 to the age of Covid-19, she has become a global phenomenon commanding unrivalled respect and affection.
Queen of Our Times: The Life of Queen Elizabeth II follows the astonishing journey of the quietly determined young woman who has gone on to lead her family and her people through good times and bad for longer than most people have been alive.
This is a must-read study of dynastic survival and renewal, spanning abdication, war, romance, danger, tragedy, drama, brickbats, laughter heroes and villains right up to the present day. Bestselling author Robert Hardman brings his long experience and expertise to this richly entertaining portrait of a world leader who remains as intriguing today as the morning she came to the Throne aged twenty-five.
Robert Hardman is an internationally renowned writer and broadcaster, specializing in royalty and history for more than twenty-five years. He has previously written the acclaimed books Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work, Our Queen and Queen of the World, along with the BBC and ITV television documentaries of the same name, among many other television credit. Most recently, he wrote and co-produced the BBC’s Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers, for which he interviewed a dozen members of the Royal Family.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a GrownUps member and receive our newsletter to be eligible to win.
- Competition closes on the 26th April 2022, winners will be notified via email by 28th April 2022.
- As a competition winner, you must confirm you have received our email notifying you of the win within three days. If we have not heard from you in three days the prize will be redrawn, and your prize will be forfeit.
- Winners are drawn at random by the GrownUps administration team.
- GrownUps employees and family are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you approve for GrownUps to use your name on social media as winner of the competition.
- One entry per person.
- Prize in non transferrable.
- You must reside in New Zealand – the prize will only be posted within New Zealand.
- You must be over 50 years of age to enter, check your details are correct in your membership dashboard.