- Suction cups with hooks to hang things to dry or support clothesline. These attach very nicely to windows, mirrors, places in the bathroom. A flat sink stopper is also very useful
- International plug adaptors are great if you want to use your own hairdryer, laptop or electric toothbrush!
- Wire hangers from home since most places don′t have enough. You can leave these behind when you return home
- A small roll of electrical tape has a myriad of uses for the traveller. A hem has come down? Tape it up in a pinch. Leaving your luggage at the hostel for a few days? Tape everything closed so nothing can be slipped in or out. Shipping a box home, want to put souvenirs into your journal, need to take fluff off a black sweater? Hurrah for electrical tape!
- Swiss Army knives also come in handy but with the new regulations we recommend these not be packed in your carry on luggage
- Take pictures of your house, pets and family with you – you will be surprised how quickly this breaks the ice with shy strangers! Pack some small New Zealand souvenirs to give away as gifts
7 easy ways to reduce your waste while travelling
You have probably heard the mantra ‘Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’, and know how to reduce your ...